Friday, April 25, 2008

Art Classes are going Great!

I thought I better post in the blog about how the new art classes are going. I have a few people in the class and hope to get more later. I am planning to go to the U.S. to see my family in a few weeks and will be away for awhile so will not be able to teach the art lessons during my vacation. I will give the students some assignments and a project to work on while I'm away to keep them busy until I get back. When I get back I plan on resuming the art class and start taking kids in to teach art classes to. I now have heaps more space in my shed now and will be able to accommodate up to 8 to 10 people in the class. Also, I have a fireplace being installed to keep the temperature comfortable during the winter time.

Regarding the website, I plan on adding more great content on art instruction coming up soon. I will be putting in more step-by-step demonstrations for beginning painters. The students in my art classes will have an opportunity to get their art posted on a page in my web site with their permission for a limited time. It will be fun and exciting for them to see their art in the internet!

I have also been busy painting my own projects and have finished a small rooster painting which I will post in my gallery site soon. I have started a larger project. I like to have several projects going at the same time as sometimes I get "bogged" down with a painting and need to take a short break from it and come back later with a fresh eye and usually I can get through the slump easier and see the solution. One tip an artist told me to do is to look at the picture upside down, as this sometimes works to figure out the question "what do I do next?"
Thanks for reading my blog and I'll be posting again soon!

No comments: